Chapter Forty-six: We talk with Brian Wright, Associate Professor in the School of Data Science at UVA
What if you had the opportunity to create a new STEM field? To influence the way future leaders approach and facilitate a growing skillset and field? That’s a lot of pressure - and today’s guest, Brian Wright, is thriving under that pressure. Listen to learn about Brian’s work building the Data Science School at the University of Virginia, putting together the liberal art degree for the data age!
- Flocking Amazing podcast
- School of Data Science
- The 4 components of Data Science - Value (ethics of data science, responsible use of data, human welfare), Design (data visualization, human-centered design, database design) Analytics (AI and machine learning), and Systems (computing)
- Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil
- What is explainable AI?
- Global Center for Equitable Computer Science Education
- Buford Lab School
- Four Ingredients for K-12 Data Science (TEDTalk)
- Dear Data
- Minor in Data Science at UVA